“On Saturday, June 30, digital enthusiasts will hold meetups across the globe to celebrate the one thing that unites us and keeps us in constant contact: social media.
Whether you’re an obsessed Instagram photographer, an endless Pinterest pinner or a ten-times-an-hour tweeter, Social Media Day is a time to recognize the digital revolution that has changed how we live” (Source).
How You Can Participate:
Here are a few suggestions from Mashable about how to get involved in Social Media Day:
- Sign up to attend or organize your own event on the Mashable Meetup Everywhere page.
- Use the #smday hashtag on Twitter, Instagram, Google+ and any other social network of your choice.
- Find your Mashable Meetup community here.
How Des Moines Is Celebrating:
If you’re like us and you live in the great city of Des Moines, here’s how you can celebrate:
- Attend the meetup: http://www.meetup.com/Mashable/Des-Moines-IA/
- Visit http://socialmediadaydsm.com and learn more about how Des Moines is celebrating.
- Set an appointment with our good friends at CreateWOWmarketing to have a video shot and produced for you (FOR FREE) about how the Des Moines social media environment has changed your life (They’ll post it to the blog, give it to you to post on YOUR websites and broadcast them ALL on June 30th for Mashable’s Social Media day).
- Or just send your own video to ZipBang@SocialMediaDayDSM.com.
We hope you will be able to celebrate the day with us and everyone else who is passionate about social media!
For more information, visit: http://socialmediadaydsm.com.