Three Important Benefits of Digital Public Relations (Infographic)
Posted by Laura Kinnard
Often a brand’s blog is designed to be the “hub” for which all social media content can be pushed out from. However, working with a non-profit that currently does not have a blog, I began to consider how their press releases could serve a similar purpose.
With a calendar full of monthly fundraisers and community involvement, press releases are constantly being written leading up to and following the non-profit’s scheduled events. These press releases are approved by the director and with a blessing on the content they can then be re-purposed by volunteer staff and supporters in a variety of ways:
- Sent to traditional media outlets for editorial use
- Submitted online through a variety of paid and free platforms
- Placed in the “news and events” section of a website
- Posted with photos or video to a blog
- Used in newsletters and email correspondence to stakeholders
- Shared on various social media platforms
This Infographic by Social Media Today affirmed the strategy of writing and using press releases as an integral part of a digital marketing communications plan.
Read the full article via Social Media Today: 3 Important Benefits of Digital Public Relations (Infographic) | Social Media Today.